Low GI, gluten free, wheat free, low fat, no sugar, ayurvedic, nutritious.
Medium Heat on the tongue
1 tablespoon of Organic coconut oil for frying and a teaspoon of cashew butter (cashew butter is optional and not needed)
Spices: Place and mix in a small bowl as pictured,1 small teaspoon of each of the following.
Brown mustards seeds, fenugreek, turmeric, curry, cumin and coriander powder.
Pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
6 cups of filtered water (this may vary just make sure there is enough like if you were making a vegetable soup)
1/2 can of organic coconut milk or cream (optional not needed)
One tablespoon of Natures Earth Works Raw Chilli Sauce
1 whole leek finely chopped, use brown onion if preferred
3 cloves of freshly chopped Australian garlic
1 heaped teaspoon of freshly chopped ginger
1/2 a large red capsicum
2-3 chopped ripe tomatoes or a can of organic bpa free canned tomatoes.
2 handsful of chopped pumpkin
1 large chopped carrot
1 chopped sweet potato
Hand full of chopped broccoli flowerettes
Fresh coriander to garnish
3 pieces of roughly chopped filleted wild caught ocean white fish e.g. cod, or snapper.
Rice to serve
In a large pan
1. Fry coconut oil and cashew butter on low heat until melted and warm.
2. Fry leek in oil until see through silky, take out of pan set aside.
3. Place small bowl of spices into pan on low heat stirring for one minute, or until you can smell the fragrant aroma of the spices.
3. Put garlic and ginger in, stir through for 1 minute.
4. Put leek back in, stir through.
5. Put all vegetables in pan except broccoli, sauce and tomatoes, stir through so all the vegetables are coated in the spices.
6. Add water, tomatoes, and NATURES EARTH WORKS RAW CHILLI SAUCE bring to boil, simmer for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. When vegetables are soft and tender turn heat off.
8. Add fish, broccoli, and stir through coconut milk. Leave to sit for at least an hour .
Reheat on low, serve hot with a sprinkle of coriander and rice of your choice, we at Regenerate Your Life choose wholesome organic brown rice.
Make this dish in the morning so flavours are given a chance to fuse.
You may like to add a cup of either lentils, or dahl with your vegetables. I do!!
This dish is also delicious with Natures Earths Works curry potatoes. (see recipe)
Lasts seven days in the fridge
Vegetarian, Paleo, gluten free, wheat free, low sugar, delicious as a condiment and as a spread with meals.
Natures Earth Works Raw Chilli Sauce, amount depends on how hot you would like it. I use 2 teaspoons
1 organic whole egg
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup of organic first pressed olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Salt to taste
1 clove of garlic (optional there is garlic in the sauce)
Place all ingredients into a container or blender and whizz for 30 seconds, e.g. using your stick blender, or whatever you use to whizz.
Tips: on how this recipe can compliment a few meals.
Delicious on chips / French fries / wedges. (Eat deep fried foods in moderation and not to often)
Side dish for meats and fish
Spread on breads as an alternative to butter before you fill your sandwich
Base your Nori sheets before the filling
Use instead of Wasabi
Want an easier option to this recipe?
Mix N.E.W. Raw Chilli Sauce with the mayonnaise you already use.